Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

…sorry, the title of the thread reminded me of Magical trevor.

Anywho, i’d like to know what people’s thoughts are on wearing leather things that aren’t shoes or jackets?
This is from a sartorial not ethical point of view, by the way.

I think a leather high-waisted pencil skirt, or leather skintight trousers, could work. but not any other style of trouser or you’re just heading into the madness of ageing rocker’s wardrobes …

posted almost 11 years ago
jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

ooohhh high waisted pencil skirt sounds beautiful!
I love the idea of leather skirts!
I’ve never really bought into the idea of leather trousers, simply because they look so uncomfortable, but I think it can be done and done well!

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I personally wouldn’t wear any leather apart from coats or shoes. A small amount of people can pull it off though, but on most people it just looks cheap and trashy.

Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

TBH Leather skirts scare me ha

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

I’ve wanted a pair of leather Rick Owens trousers from a few seasons ago for a while, now. But they had knit inserts at the thigh…so not 100% leather.

ruuth
Style_council
ruuth

I’d wear a pencil skirt/skinny trouser thing.. I think they look really good and you can just see by looking at fashion blogs that it looks good.
I think it would look best on skinny girls though.. like most clothes do.

queenelizabeth
Style_icon
queenelizabeth

I think it would be easy for leather clothing to look cheap and tacky, but if done properly, I think a leather skirt or pants would be pretty cool. I really like the idea of using unusual materials for certain items of clothing, like making an oversized T-shirt out of leather, silk or fur (or faux. not trying to stir up controversy here.)

murph
Style_council
murph

vests and pencil skirts are great in leather! But the pants have to be tight as a drum. Baggy leather pants=1980. And not in a good way.

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

LEATHER T SHIRT ??

actually, i can picture that. with some tight trousers and badass shoes…

marinlove
Style_council
marinlove

Well, I love (and have) both (very comfortable actually), leather pencil skirts with a airy blouse or a sweater and a wool blazer are a great option to wear to work, if your office is a not extremely uptight. Skinny leather pants, to stop the jeans at a night out madness.

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

Seen some leather jewelry recently, looked pretty awesome.

posted over 10 years ago

summerkay
Style_council
summerkay

I srsly want some tight black leather pants. I think I’m going through a 70s rock phase or something, because I’m getting addicted to tight leather and metallics (on me, mind you).

And I’ve seen some people pull off a leather pencil skirt more than once. I think it’s just something you have to dress way down or go all the way.

posted over 10 years ago

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

I think there should be more items readily available in leather apart from shoes and jackets. It is a tad pathetic, how easily it gets categorised as ‘fetish’ if it is something other than jackets or shoes, especially in the case for males.

Pencil skirts or any skirts are stunning! I came across a few cute tops as well. The trousers should be tight, the baggy ones are just too lame…and yes, too 80s in a horrid way!
posted over 8 years ago

andreamq
Style_council
andreamq

I love leather! jackets, pants, shoes, skirts! eveything! makes you look so hot! :D

posted over 8 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I am madly in love with leather, especially after seeing the full leather skirts on Louis Vuitton and Chloe. I also love skinny pants, and vests. You can’t overdo it, though. If you pair it with cozy knits and whatnot, it keeps you from looking fetish-y lol

posted over 8 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

it would have to be super high quality leather molded to the shape of my body, then I’d wear it.

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password