Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ogeewhizitsamy
Style_council
ogeewhizitsamy

i’m a senior in college and i still don’t know what to wear for those rainy days, walking to class, while still trying to look put together! rainboots are fun, but seem so outdated – and too popular. come to think of it…i should invest in some great floral ones. anyway…what are some suggestions for riding bike/walking to class and keeping warm and dry?

posted about 11 years ago
thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

you could try flat leather boots, and protect them from any potential damage with a waterproof spray. if the boots are ankle-level or higher, then you don’t have to worry when you step in a puddle. :)

rainelyn
Style_council
rainelyn

aww i love my hunter rainboots. but yep, flat boots w/ a spray is how i used to do it. or uhm id use the rain as an excuse not to go to class ahaha. uh yea, bad advice.

futurelint
Style_council
futurelint

Yeah, I had a beat up pair of boots with a chunky bottom I wore all over campus when it rained (and I did TONS of walking, I live in Minneapolis and had one major on one side of the Mississipi River and one on the other side, it was a bummer). I also found a really cute green vintage raincoat and stuffed a little gold umbrella in my bag for days when it may or may not rain. Good luck!

foxhuntvintage
Style_council
foxhuntvintage

rainboots outdated? never! One thing i have learned, however, is that a fitted skirt and some tights + boots of your choice are your friend in the rain – nothing sucks more than wet jeans, so if the front of your skirt gets a little damp, you can hardly feel it.

stephanista
Style_council
stephanista

I don’t think rainboots are outdated, maybe just the crazy patterned ones. It’s like saying coats are outdated

posted almost 11 years ago

whitedayburnday
Style_council
whitedayburnday

Rainboots are cute

MichelleYue
Style_icon
MichelleYue

I don’t have rainboots, so I like to wear my leather boots out and stomp through the puddles.

bc88
Style_council
bc88

being in vancouver in the fall its either raining or its about to rain, sometimes it never stops. for girls rubber rain boots seem to be the weapon of choice. Wat about for guys? I’m always walking around in beater vans in teh rain and my feet are soaked by the end of the day, are rubber rainboats too taboo? (btw im not talking about those huge fishing boots, something with a smaller profile plz).

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

If you’re looking for versatility, Swims makes a variety of nice slip-on galoshes.
http://swims.no/

Laughingalltheway
Style_council
Laughingallt...

I’m not speaking from experience because I’m still in high school, but I really think that rainboots are still in, and I don’t think they CAN go out. I love these jcrew ones http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Wom…

tornadoally
Style_council
tornadoally

My rainboots ripped and I haven’t found a pair I like yet. Usually I just wear my Doc Martens because they’re thick enough to keep the rain out. And like everyone else said, I try not to wear jeans because if they get wet they stay damp all day—super uncomfortable. I usually go for tights and skirts.

bugsybabs
Style_council
bugsybabs

If you like it, wear it. But on that note, the leather flat boots are good, and if you have any hiking boots, they can look pretty cute with skirts or dresses if you do it right, but that depends on style taste i suppose.

shoregirl
Style_council
shoregirl

i think hunter rainboots are chic! i got mine a couple months ago in black, and now i can’t wait till it rains. for real, although there more expensive then other brands, they look so put together and keep your feet nice and dry.

lovelydress
Style_council
lovelydress

rainboots are totally IN. You definitely need a pair here in England!! So i hope they stay in a looooooong time :)

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

some funky burberry rain boots + ripped jeans & a yellow raincoat, that would make the difference!

posted about 9 years ago

kmd1_123
Style_council
kmd1_123

i like the look of the leather riding boots with skinnys. they are water proof plus they make you look so put together!

posted about 9 years ago

foxiepixie
Style_council
foxiepixie

I think that you should choose some black rain boots, they match everything and you should pair them with a great floral dress or a delicate one and some leggings. i love the combo rain boots and dresses or skirts. also you can wear them with skinny jeans and oversized cardigans and great tops, with a leather jacket on top. i think that when it comes to clothing you should match basic items with one special item and get some great accesories. anyway… you should know it’s all about the attitude.

posted about 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

^ agree with kmd_123
wear a trench coat over your clothes

posted about 9 years ago

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

I went to university and still live in Edinburgh, where it rains a lot. Heavily. For most of the year.

I’ve always worn classic leather boots throughout the winter, including in snow. I treat them with a leather protector when I buy them and top it up every so often. I like knee-high riding boots or shorter biker styles. I’d happily wear Doc Martens too, I just don’t happen to own any. I occasionally wear wellies (rain boots) – for longevity, avoid illustrated or brightly coloured ones and go for a pair of Hunters or Dunlops. I’m not sure how suitable they’d be for cycling though – leather boots with good grip on the soles would probably be better. I also think some of the Duck Shoes by LL Bean would be cute, but then you don’t get LL Bean here so they probably seem cool and exotic to me. I have no idea if they’d have negative associations where you are :)

Clotheswise I never wear jeans or trousers in the rain (but then I rarely wear them anyway). The skinnies tucked into boots thing is really ubiquitous here and is the uniform of a certain tribe at my alma mater, but if that doesn’t apply to you, skinny trousers (they dry quicker, jeans retain water for daaaays) and knee high boots can look very chic.

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password