SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
julezmwangi
Style_council
julezmwangi

Hi chictopians!I am planning to travel to Bangkok late this month and it will be the very first time i travel outside Africa.First time on a plane.I am having a mix of emotions.excitement,fear and all the other ones.Any way anyone have any advise for a newbie like me?I plan to do some shopping.advise on cool places to shop.from thrift shops to the expensive malls.

posted over 6 years ago
parisorn
Style_council
parisorn

Have fun in Thailand! I’m Thai, but I haven’t been there for a while. If you’re looking for shopping malls, the Siam Paragon and the Central World Plaza is great! The Chatuchak Market is more of a outdoor market with a bunch of stalls. The stuff there is super cheap, but you should bargain for better prices (the vendors raise prices for non-Thai people, lol)

posted over 6 years ago

SouffleGirl
Style_council
SouffleGirl

I’m Thai-American, haven’t been there in almost a decade though but there have been tons of improvements. I would recommend learning a bit of phrases and know what numbers look like, cause the price that’s written and what they tell you could always be different. Like Parisorn says, bargain. Flea markets always have good finds.

posted over 6 years ago

julezmwangi
Style_council
julezmwangi

thank you parisorn and souffle the advise is highly appreciated.i will put all of it to mind.wish i could get someond living there to take me shopping.its always more fun when you have company.

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password